Friday, November 7, 2014

A Large Bump in the Road: Divorce





      I've been trying to keep my blog uplifting, one that gives you a break in your day and might even make you smile.  But I am rethinking that. If you’re a follower of my blog you might have thought  this woman has a charmed life.  I have had one in many ways. I have gotten to travel many wonderful places this year and experience many great things. But there is a darker side to my life right now and I feel if I don’t share it with you, my readers, it wouldn't be fair because no ones life is without problems and sadness.

    This year has been a sad one for me because my husband of 28 years and I are splitting up. We have been together since I was 23 years old and now I’m 54. Besides feeling sad I feel scared.I have so many questions on how my new life will turn out. Will I get too lonely? Will I have enough money? to name just a couple. It’s truly scary to think of surviving without someone you have lived with for so long.

I guess what I want my readers to know is anyone can make their life look perfect on a blog or Face book. So never get discouraged when your life doesn't live up to the hype. Enjoy each and every calm and simple moment.   They are the true blessings of life.

So forgive me if my blog is simpler and not as often for a while as I have a lot to work out. 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this. I went through a divorce in my 30s. I was working full time then so I didn't worry about finances then, but I didn't like living alone too much. My friends at school (I taught kindergarten at the time) decided I needed a pet, so one day over the intercom in front of 32 kids they announced they had a kitten for me. Who could say no in front of all those eager faces. That made a huge difference for me, even though Pepper turned out to be not the cuddly kind of cat. She was always there and did like to sleep on my bed. Then I met Wayne, a wonderful guy two years later. We've now been married for 25 years. Nothing is perfect, but we have had an exciting life together and support each other when it counts. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words of support. Margy I appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I am so sorry to hear of your trouble. I have not followed your blog long but I am sure such a talented lady as you will not have any financial difficulties in the long run. In this trouble I would turn to the Lord who is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. He loves you so dearly. With much love Mariana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariana,
      Thank you for taking the time to write me. It means a lot to me to have such nice supportive people who care following my blog.
      love, LaVera

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...