Friday, January 31, 2014

New Paintings



I’m always trying new things, new ways of drawing, different painting techniques, totally new crafts. My mind just wants to try new things.This is a problem for selling art. Because if you want to sell, you need to stay consistent with one style, and if possible, one medium so people can begin to recognize your style and associate it with you.

As hard as I try, I can’t seem to do what I know is the right thing. This is my journey and that is why a blog is so much fun for me. I can share all the new things I learn with you, giving this wonderful journey I am on some form of purpose.

With these sketches I have painted on 140 cold pressed Arches paper. I have used a thin point felt pen for the drawing and painted with water colors. I finished the background with metallic gold acrylic paint.

Boy and Girl in Gold

Lady Bird

Flowers in Thought
You can purchase these on Etsy   http://LaVera.etsy.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...