Sunday, September 16, 2012

Spring 2013 Fashion Week in New York City Wraps Up


I was a Fashion designer in New York for years, I was considered a mass market designer that means I would translate what was coming out on the runways and Paris boutique’s so they would fit into most people’s life styles.

 Fashion week has wrapped up in New York City. What does that mean to you? Not much right now, unless you can afford these great designer clothes. But in the next two years the fashion you see today on the runways will show up in the stores you shop, tailored down in price and style enough so that they’ll fit your daily life.

 If you want to get a jump on fashion and be able to be “fashion forward” for the next two years, here’s how I think it will translate.

 Lots of Stripes especially large stripes, color blocking mostly black and white with a dash of a primary color.

 
Prints look like they’ll be photo prints, some animal and some polka dots. Over all not many prints unless we see some on the European runways. I’ll let you know if I see any.

 Colors: Black and white with dashes of primary’s and Fuchsia.

 I agree with Bill Cunningham that shoes will play a big roll in spring, how that will translate will be fun to see; hopefully they won’t cause a lifetime of pain.

 
On their feet
My favorite show was Marc Jacobs Spring 2013.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...