Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Inspiration: Fruits and Vegetables

I'm on a search for what will inspire me. It's hard at times to find inspiration especially when you are going through tough things in your life. Motivation for your creativity can be found anywhere so I hunt everywhere: antique stores, nature, even television and of course museums. I was lucky enough to find time when I was in Chicago at my son's graduation to get to the Art Institute.

When I'm in the museum's if they let me photograph the paintings. (I always ask first) I try to get small details because they seem to inspire me more than the complete painting. I think it's because the details are, for me, the most magical parts. They usually have interesting colors that when looked at from a distance will create a totally different color. You can see the actual strokes the painter took, almost catching his very thoughts.

Here are some of my close ups. I hope they can inspire you.

Henri Fantin-Latour  French 1873

Henri Fantin-Latour  French 1873 (Detail)

Pierre-Auguste Renoir "Fruits of the Midi" 1881

Pierre-Auguste Renoir "Fruits of the Midi" 1881 (Detail)

Pierre-Auguste Renoir "Fruits of the Midi" 1881 (Detail)

Pierre-Auguste Renoir "Fruits of the Midi" 1881 (Detail)

Pierre-Auguste Renoir "Fruits of the Midi" 1881 (Detail)

Claude Monet "Apples and Grapes" 1880 

Claude Monet "Apples and Grapes" 1880 (Details)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...