Monday, September 9, 2013

Musee D' Orsay Paris


Fall is in the air and Paris is on my mind. Every fall when I was a young fashion designer I would travel to Paris in order to check out the latest fashions. It would still be warm, the outdoor cafes would be people filled with people sitting for hours savoring a cup of coffee. The streets would smell of crushed autumn and hot pastries.
 
A wonderful Paris Tradition


The store windows hosted the latest fall fashions. I would shop all day, sneaking pictures, sketching designs, and buying many garments only to cut them up so we would not have to pay duty on them. They lost their wear ability for a good cause each garment could inspire a full line of clothing when I got back to New York.
 
Painting of a Pastry Shop by LaVera

 Sometimes if I got a lot done I would be able to squeeze in a Museum. One of my favorites was the Musee d’Orsay. This Museum is in an old train station and has a wonderful collection of Impressionist paintings. I found a way to share it with you.  


If you click on the photo below you can do a virtual tour of it by Google Art Project. Make sure you see all the floors they're all great.



Click above photo to go on a Virtual tour of the Musee d'Orsay.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...