Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Armadillo Cake


Once again it's one of my sons birthday so I'm mailing him a cake. This year's cake: an armadillo.

Step one: make a couple of cakes you can cut into shapes and some
 icing you can use for glue.
 I also made Rice Krispy treats to mold into the head, tail and legs.
You can use the picture below as a guide.
Step two: make some marshmallow fondant for the skin.
Ice your cake and Rice Krispy Treat pieces then cover them with the fondant. 

                              Step three: I used food coloring and a clean paint brush to paint on my design.
                             I should mention my sweet friend Ruth cut out this cool grass he's laying on.
                                                  I made the flowers out of marzipan.
                                            His birthday hat and ears are out of candy paste.

                                 If you would like to make this cake let me know in the comments!
                                                             I would be happy to send you more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...