Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Hornby Island Quilt show

Hornby is a small island in the Canadian Gulf Islands.
I am very lucky because I have an Aunt and Uncle who live on Hornby and  I was blessed because they let me come and stay with them every summer as a child. As a result I grew up knowing many people on the Island. It is full of wonderful artists. My uncle is a well known potter in Canada and my Aunt is an award winning quilter. They live on a beautiful farm nestled in between two wonderful beaches. Here is where the island holds a quilt exhibit every year. I was lucky to be there this year to take some photos that I can share with you.










                            Besides the beautiful quilts, the show is a wonderful day of music and tea.
                                              If you'd like to see more photos of the                  
                         quilts: http://teawithlavera.com/Hornby_Island_quilt_show.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...