Thursday, August 30, 2012

Old Mirrors


I’ve been working on fixing up a house on a very tight budget. In the bathroom I found two mirrors both with damage from moisture along their edges.
 


 
 
 
I took the mirrors to see what it would cost to replace them. The estimate was above what I could afford and seller told me that there was no way to fix the damage. So, I thought about it and came up with this idea. I love how the mirrors turned out! At first, it just looks like the mirrors are damaged but then you notice a face looking back at you and it makes you smile.  
 




 Here’s how I did it: first, you sand down the damaged area until you get to the clear glass and dust off the dirt. Then, cut out some pictures from an old book and then glue them on the backside of the mirror. To do this paint the front of the image with Weldbond glue, place the images against the glass. When the images dry paint the back side of the images with an acrylic sealer to seal them and prevent further damage.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...