Monday, November 16, 2015

Hornby Island, Canada

Hornby Island

  I visit Hornby Island as often as I can. I have so many wonderful memories there. I have been lucky to have my Aunt and Uncle and wonderful cousins living on Hornby since I was a little girl. I used to visit them every summer growing up. I would spend weeks with them.

Hornby Island

Hornby is an island filled with artists. Its beauty is unsurpassed. When I started going to Hornby there was only a population of 350 now the Island has become a tourist destination. So it has changed a lot but it is still a wonderful place.


Hornby Island


The community is tight all helping each other get through the difficult times in life. They bring in movies and music to fill their minds and inspire them.

Hornby Island

There is a community store and gas station, also a choice of restaurants, none of which were there when I started going to Hornby.

Hornby Island



Hornby Island

When I first started going to Hornby it had barely any amenities which made it much more exotic to me. You could also sit on the large white sand beach without another soul. Now it is shared with many people and sail boats moored in the bay.


Hornby Island

Hornby Island


Hornby Island

Hornby Island

Hornby Island


There are still many spots to sit alone and listen to the waves and birds. Hornby will always hold a special place in my heart for so many wonderful reasons.  


Hornby Island


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...