Old Lady Bookmark
First gather the supplies:
Chickpeas for the heads
cardboard from the back of a old note pad
A small black and pink felt pen
And a woven ribbon about 7 inches long
This ribbon was found at an estate sale
Interesting ribbons can be found at paper stores and fabric stores.
Fabric Glue or Weldbond Glue
A cute trim for under the neck or just tie a bow with small ribbon.
2) Then look at your chickpea and find the nose and draw a little pink circle under the nose.
Now draw another about an 1/8 of an inch lower down for the mouth. Then draw the eyes on the sides in black and glue your head to the cardboard. (Note how the mouth is facing upwards.)
4) Now fold over both corners to hide the cardboard.
5) Take the excess at the top of the ribbon and with glue on your fingers
twist it into little horns.
6) Add a little trim detail under the chin.
7) Finish by pulling some threads from the bottom in order to make a nice
fringe or cut with a pinking shear.