2) Then I started adding a little bit of color to determine more shape placement.
3) Now I use my color to make the angles of the pedals and some of the shapes in the vase.
4) Then I determined how much background I wanted to give my piece. I also started defining where I wanted more color in my pedals. My paintings always look worse before they get better.
5) I just kept adding color and using my strokes to define direction.
6) Now I added more darks because in watercolors you have to start light then add the dark's.
7) To get my finished piece I used a thin paint brush to go back in and define the pedals with a little darker color and then I added a white where my reflection would be on my vase. Adding white was a cheat if you’re good at watercolor you would've left the white background. (But then again rules are made to be broken and when you’re painting and enjoying yourself who cares how you get the result you want. :)