Friday, March 9, 2012

Fairy Doors



Here are some fairy doors I've made. I live by an elementary school and its lots of fun to look out my window and see the little kids enjoying them. Sometimes I decorate them for the holidays. You can make your own by cutting a cedar shake into a door shape and taking the tiny tack nails and hammering them in a decorative design. I used an acorn top for the door handle and curled bark to decorate the sides. The window is a piece of wood cut in a rectangle and painted black then I put a piece of lace over that. Cover the whole thing with a piece of plastic I used velum. For trim around the window I used pieces of green Ivy stems and nailed them on before they hardened. Finish with hooks used for paintings on the back.

And you’re set to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...